For as long as I can remember, I've always been a logophile (a lover of words). In being a lover of words, it has always kindled in me a desire to play with them in the way I write. I admired author's like Lemony Snicket and C.S. Lewis. They were intrinsically gifted to wield lofty and intimidating words in their literature. I wanted what they possessed. The ability to suck people in "your world".
I am a writer. I believe a writer is one that writes understanding that he or she is not "them"(other writers) but is uniquely cut-out to be YOU! Many people may have your experience but not your perspective. Your beginning, but not your end. Your friends, but definitely not your family. Being a writer is pulling people into your mind and your world. That is why I consider myself to be a writer.
I L O V E writing. When I write I feel like I am catching up with myself. "Hey, Kevin! What's up?"
The writing that I am most proud of is my creative writing. I am literally always amazed at my final, polished product when I'm done. :)
I believe everyone has a unique soul. No one is the same. When you truly tap into this soul of yours, creativity is birthed. I want to be the writing teacher that taps into the places in my students' souls that they never even thought were there. :)

Hey Kevin
ReplyDeleteI love that you consider yourself a logophile, and I love that you shared that because I've now learned a new word (haha)! I had no idea that was a thing, thank you for sharing!